Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Accept this Mission

Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol
Director: Brad Bird
Cast: Tom Cruise, Jeremy Renner, Paula Patton, Simon Pegg
Released: December 21, 2011
Viewed in theaters: December 25, 2011


I have seen all four of the Mission: Impossible movies and I must say the last one is always better than the previous one. I don't really remember anything about the first one, which is directed by Brian De Palma came out in 1996 and is the only one I didn't see in the theaters, except that I was bored out of my mind while watching it. I saw the second one on May 29, 2000 (thank you movie journal I've had since 1999!) Being directed by John Woo, there was more action. Wasn't this the movie where Tom Cruise and the bad guy both have motorcycles and crash them into each other mid-air? I definitely remember that it took him FOR-EV-ER to kill the bad guy. I saw the third movie, directed by J.J. Abrams on May 18, 2006. I wasn't huge fans of the first two M:I movies and I only saw this one because of who directed it. I figured since I love Alias so much, who better than to direct a spy movie? And I was right. The third movie is so much better than the first two. In fact, I would tell people to skip the first two and watch the last two.

I saw the latest M:I movie on IMAX - my first feature film I've seen on IMAX. It's a good movie on whatever kind of screen you watch it on, but it definitely made it that much better...and louder. The sound was so loud it was literally vibrating through my body.

If you like movies with prison breaks, climbing the tallest building in the world, lots and lots of explosions, and a wicked sandstorm, this is your movie! The action is nonstop. I've never seen one man run so fast from falling objects without getting hit, being thrown around every which way without getting any bruises, and dodging from bullets shot at him. Hey, I never said this movie is realistic! But it is a fun one.

No comments:

Post a Comment