Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Oscar Nominations!

In this blog entry I posted my predictions for the Oscars nominations. Let's see how I did, shall we?

Best Picture:

"Avatar"
"The Blind Side"
"District 9"
"An Education"
"The Hurt Locker"
"Inglourious Basterds"
"Precious"
"A Serious Man"
"Up"
"Up in the Air"


I got 7/10. Not bad. I had Nine, The Hangover, and Invictus instead of District 9, A Serious Man, and The Blind Side. BTW, The Blind Side seemed to come out of nowhere. I certainly had a WTF!? reaction when I saw it listed. It was a decent movie, not Oscar-worthy though. It was more like a made for TV movie than anything. I've only seen half of the movies on here, but there really isn't one movie I'm rooting for like there was when I watched the 1998, 2000, 2004, 2006, and 2009 Oscars. Hopefully by the time I do my predictions I will have seen more movies to get a better feel of which one I like the best.

Best Supporting Actress:
Penelope Cruz, "Nine"
Vera Farmiga, "Up in the Air"
Maggie Gyllenhaal, "Crazy Heart"
Anna Kendrick, "Up in the Air"
Mo'Nique, "Precious"


My worst category; I only got 3/5. Gyllenhaal just came out of nowhere and I didn't think Nine would get any acting nods. I had Julianne Moore and Samantha Morton instead.

Best Supporting Actor:
Matt Damon, "Invictus"
Woody Harrelson, "The Messenger"
Christopher Plummer, "The Last Station"
Stanley Tucci, "The Lovely Bones"
Christoph Waltz, "Inglourious Basterds"


I got 4/5...instead of Plummer I had Alfred Molina.

Best Actress:
Sandra Bullock, "The Blind Side"
Helen Mirren, "The Last Station"
Carey Mulligan, "An Education"
Gabourey Sidibe, "Precious"
Meryl Streep, "Julie & Julia"


Whoohoo! 5/5!!!!! I am so good at this!

Best Actor:
Jeff Bridges, "Crazy Heart"
George Clooney, "Up in the Air"
Colin Firth, "A Single Man"
Morgan Freeman, "Invictus"
Jeremy Renner, "The Hurt Locker"


5/5 again! Of course, I think everybody had these five down for their predictions.

Best Director:
James Cameron, "Avatar"
Kathryn Bigelow, "The Hurt Locker"
Quentin Tarantino, "Inglourious Basterds"
Lee Daniels, "Precious"
Jason Reitman, "Up in the Air"


4/5...I had Clint Eastwood instead of Lee Daniels.

No comments:

Post a Comment