Tuesday, February 28, 2012

2012 Post-Oscar Thoughts!

Once again I kept a notes while I watched the Oscars. Yes, I live in the Stone Age!

I had to work on Sunday and I got home like literally seconds before the show started, so I was very happy I didn't miss any of it (although towards the middle, I started to check my Facebook and Twitter and my computer is in my room, so for awhile I was listening, rather than watching, the Oscars.)

I liked the opening with Billy Crystal inserted in the different clips from the nominated movies. It's a shtick he always does, but I always think it's fun. I thought the transition from The Help where he's just eaten that special pie to Bridesmaids where he enters the restroom and warns them not to eat the pie was funny and clever.

It was hard to hear what Billy Crystal was singing about the nine nominated movies because the music was so loud.

Have you noticed they always show the same movies during these movie montages? Did they include Twilight in that montage? WTF? I think there should be a rule that only movies that have been nominated for Oscars can be included in these montages. Leave Twilight for the MTV Awards....god knows they already dominate those!

I HATED Jennifer Lopez's dress. Ewwwwww. She and Cameron Diaz were so stupid with their let's turn around routine. What morons!

Sandra Bullock was funny and charming as always and I was impressed by her Mandarin, but her dress is a little on the boring side.

It's weird that Girl with the Dragon Tattoo won Best Editing because that usually goes to a movie that's nominated for Best Picture.

Cirque du Soleil was impressive, but what did it have to do with movies?

Robert Downey Jr's and Gwyneth Paltrow's "documentary" intro was funny at first, but perhaps went on a little too long.

I thought Emma Stone was hilarious, how she was acting all ditzy. Wasn't crazy about her dress and that huge bow growing out of the side of her neck. That's gotta be annoying!

LOL - Angelina Jolie looked like a proud mom when Christopher Plummer won. He is only two years younger than the Oscars! He is now the oldest Oscar winner at 82; I wonder who was the oldest before him?

Awwww - Uggie in the audience wearing a bowtie was the cutest thing I have ever seen at the Oscars. Maybe even the cutest thing I've ever seen in my life! (For those of you who don't know, Uggie is the dog from The Artist).

Penelope Cruz always looks pretty.

I loved Will Ferrel and Zach Galifanakis with the cymbals. Why can't they host? I think the best laugh of the night came when Zach said his name like jibber jabber hahahahahahahahahahahaha that was soooo funny. Then I loved how Will said they were going to announce the winner for Best Song and "how it would join the ranking of (names a bunch of classic songs everyone knows and loves) and "It's Hard Out There For a Pimp." LOL! I still think they should have nominated "Life's a Happy Song" - that was the best song from The Muppets!

Omaha got a shoutout at the Oscars when Alexander Payne won for Best Adapted Screenplay and mentioned his mom from Omaha was in the audience. Whoo!

I liked Colin Firth reminiscing about Mama Mia with Meryl Streep.

There really weren't any surprises with the acting winners, but I really thought Viola Davis would win Best Actress. I know it's been 30 years since Meryl won her last (and second) Oscar, and you can't help but like her. I still have no desire to see The Iron Lady and I don't know, but there's something about that role that screams GIVE ME AN OSCAR!!! Sometimes I like the showy performances, but most times I prefer the understated roles like the one Davis played in The Help...ah, well I'm sure she'll win a makeup Supporting Oscar in a few years.... Maybe this means Meryl will finally stop getting nominated for everything? We can only hope.

Now it's time for fashion!


Best dressed: Milla Jovovich






Worst dressed: Jennifer Lopez


No comments:

Post a Comment