Saturday, November 7, 2009

I am a golden god!

I'm going to do something a little differently with this review: besides the written part of the review, I've also added some video clips of my own thoughts and comments about the movie. Enjoy!

Almost Famous
Director: Cameron Crowe
Cast: Patrick Fugit, Billy Crudup, Kate Hudson, Frances McDormand
Released: 9/13/00
Viewed in theaters: 9/13/00

Oscar nominations:
Best Original Screenplay - Cameron Crowe (won)
Best Supporting Actress - Kate Hudson and Frances McDormand (lost to Marcia Gay Harden for Pollack)
Best Editing (lost to Traffic)




Almost Famous is based on Crowe's real-life experience as a writer who went out on tour with all these famous rocks stars and bands and interviewed them for Rolling Stone when he was only 15 or 16 years old. Fugit plays William, the pseudo-Crowe who goes out on the road with the fictional band, Stillwater, in 1974. McDormand is a gem as his overprotective, but well-meaning mother. ("No, this is NOT Mary Anne with the pot!"; "Don't take drugs!"; "Rock stars have kid-napped my son!")

Here I am reminiscing about seeing the movie for the first time:



Do I think Kate Hudson deserved an Oscar nomination? Find out here:

And, I forgot to add, that I think her mother being an Oscar winner helped nab her the nomination.

I talk about my favorite scene in Almost Famous:

No comments:

Post a Comment